Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A month?

Has it really been a month?! OMG well here I am. Surprise..lol I've been busy busy yanno, the holidays. I have most of my Christmas Shopping done and wrapped most everything already too!

Last night was the first night of Hanukkah, Wil called his Grandpa and asked about it...why we celebrate etc. Yesterday when I picked him up from school I told him we were lighting the candles and stuff and he asked...do I get a present?! And I said...sure if you can tell me why we celebrate. Sure enough, he couldn't. You know, I do this for him so he can learn his heritage...learn where he came from and make his own decision when the time comes. If he's learning nothing but..."I get a present" then it's not worth it.

He searched and he searched for his books and couldn't find them so he finally broke down and called Papa to ask. After a satisfactory explaination of it he said the prayer...lit the candles...and opened his present. (A beanie with a bill on it) In the nights to come he will get a craft menorah...make your own dreidel...stuff like that. We've got the chocolate coins all ready for the dreidel game and no...I'm so not making matzo ball soup..lol

4 comments:

  1. lol how about that gellie fish ish? I blogged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are such a great mom to Wil! Matza ball soup is so yummy though! Happy Hanukkah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dreidel Dreidel Dreidel ... that's all I know of that song haha. Did I spell that right? Any who Happy Kwanza!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete